Thursday, 13 November 2014

People, especially Athena ladies....




I was lucky enough to be invited to speak at the Athena Network Newbury north meeting yesterday. It's always a pleasure to network with positive women in lovely surroundings over lunch and coffee, and people were very nice about my presentation which was everything I know about PR in 10 minutes.

We started with a brainstorm.

To be quite honest with you, I can't even read this myself; definitely need to do 100 lines: "I must improve my handwriting".

These were the words that came back at me when I asked people which news stories they found interesting and why:



family business/local employer

history

people

dogs/animals

survival

good news

topicality

emotional

(historical)

empathy

statistics

notoriety

celebrity

charity


These are all great, but at the heart of everything is PEOPLE. Make sure PEOPLE are at the heart of your press releases too.





.



No comments:

Post a Comment